The PostcardsFromSpace postcards themselves offer material that will stretch students’ vocabulary and scientific literacy. Especially:
PostcardsFromSpace Educational Benefits
Year 5 Programme of Study:
- describe the movement of the Earth and other planets relative to the sun in the solar system
- describe the movement of the moon relative to the Earth
- describe the sun, Earth and moon as approximately spherical bodies
- explain that unsupported objects fall towards the Earth because of the force of gravity acting between the Earth and the falling object
- identifying scientific evidence that has been used to support or refute ideas or arguments
- reporting and presenting findings from enquiries, including conclusions, in oral and written forms such as displays and other presentations
KS3 Programme of Study:
- gravity force, weight = mass x gravitational field strength (g), on Earth g=10 N/kg, different on other planets and stars; gravity forces between Earth and Moon, and between Earth and sun (qualitative only)
- our sun as a star, other stars in our galaxy, other galaxies
Ready to start your Journey with Tanno and Iguda?
Visit our store now.